“THE FIRST INNOVATION DAY IN PRIMARY HEALTH CARE 2019”
The innovation day is designed to recognize innovative initiatives and research in the primary care sector in Kuwait. All primary care physicians are invited to present their innovative work, projects or/and studies in a poster exhibition. The top 3 winning posters in each category will be awarded. In addition, the day will include a workshop on the basics of medical research methodology.
The Innovation Day aims to share knowledge and experiences that are relevant to primary care health providers in delivering the best patient care. It also aims to inspire evidence-based practice and improve the quality of care provided to patients and community by sharing innovations, quality improvement projects and researches conducted in primary care.
- Nurture a culture of innovation while promoting high standards of care and creating an environment of reflective practice.
- Recognize individual accomplishments
- Promote sharing of ideas, best practice, communications and collaborations across primary health care discipline, both within the field and with other health agencies and organizations.
- Support a culture of evidence-based practice and encourage research and innovations in primary health care setting.
- To provide an opportunity for enhancement of research skills through workshops and poster presentation
CALL FOR POSTERS IS NOW OPEN
Deadline for submission 22th October 2019
We encourage you to share your achievements and contribute with your work and ideas to improving healthcare in primary care.
Scope of projects to be presentedYour poster will link to one of the following three themes:
- Innovation work
- Novel service:
- Structure: e.g. ideal clinics, prevention clinic e.g. Pre-diabetic patients…etc.
- Process: e.g. online appointment/referral service, phone consultations …etc.
- Staff: e.g. E-learning, simulation …etc
- Patients/community: e.g. artificial intelligence and technology etc.
- “Others” e.g.: Cost and value, building capabilities and leadership, person-centered care …etc
- Novel service:
- Quality improvements measures (Audit /quality improvement project)
- Studies (published or not published) done in PHC in Kuwait (2015-2019): e.g. original research/ case report/ thesis/dissertation…….etc.
- PHC physicians: Family/General practitioner
- Residents of the Family Medicine Residency Program
- Others: medical students, private sector e.g. KOC….etc.
- Other specialties who conduct studies in PHC/Kuwait.